- AoWanda Complete Ride Summary
- Start: PuLi 埔里
- VIDEO: Through the County #71 Tunnel
- WuJie 武界
- VIDEO: Great WuJie Descend
- Regional Power Station
- QinAi Village 親愛村
- Climb Up to AoWanDa
- Continue to Part 2!
- Also Recommended:
- Taiwan Bike Routes Map
- [ Back Road to Taiwan’s Highest Peak ] Tataka Challenge 挑戰塔塔加
- [Riding along the Mountain Ridge] Wuling from the West 西進武嶺
- Like My Posts? Subscribe Below and Get Latest Post Email Updates!
AoWanda Complete Ride Summary
- Self Ride
- Starting/ending Location: Near Family Mart, PuLi Township, Nantou 埔里全家便利商店
- Bike Length: ~ 96 km. Elevation gain: ~ 1500 m.
- Hill profile: Two medium and rolling.
- Good for: Repeated hill training.
- CAUTION: 3 tunnels back and forth. Bring strong flashlight!
- Route Highlights:
This AoWanda Complete Ride was the full version of the previous ride done during Lunar New Year, using well functioned bike.
Thanks to the working bike, I was able to travel further and had time for some drone images and videos of the great AoWanDa river valley.
Start: PuLi 埔里
Our AoWanda Complete Ride began again at the great mountain town PuLi, with equal great weather just as last time!
Lanterns left over from New Year.
Again we headed onto County #71 to climb over the surrounding mountains.
A temple on hill top.
PuLi town full view from top.
Great morning light through the mist.
VIDEO: Through the County #71 Tunnel
Through the tunnel, we again cycled onto the road along the great WuJie river valleys, through many aboriginal villages.
VIDEO: Great WuJie Descend
The closed tunnel on the left was toward the WuJie Dam 武界壩
Upeer WuJie Dam
Dam view from a distance.
Wood made aboriginal art at a bamboo place.
“WanFeng Tribe” 萬豐部落
Regional Power Station
In our AoWanda Complete Ride there was a detour towards a cool power station with great river views.
Looks like a water exit gate.
The power station.
QinAi Village 親愛村
After the power station, we passed through the biggest aboriginal village in our AoWanda Complete Ride: QinAi Village 親愛村
Great cute cat.
Climb Up to AoWanDa
The local road here intersected with the route towards AoWanDa National Forest Recreational Area 奧萬大森林公園, a local park famous for its maple scenery in the winter.