A subdomain represents part of the main domain name. If the main domain name is:
Then subdomains will have a form of
part.mydomain.com .For example:
Subdomains are commonly used to connect to other web applications on your host computer. For example:
- Main site “mydomain.com” connects to the landing page of your main website application.
- On your main website’s header, a “blog” button links to “blog.mydomain.com” that connects to your blog post web application.
- A “shop” button links to “shop.mydomain.com” that connects to your online store web application.
- Phone number extension: adding extensions to the main phone number enables caller to connect to company’s sub-divisions for different services (sales department for placing orders; service department for complaint; marketing department for product inquiries).
- blog. : blog service
- shop. : transaction service
- wiki. , documentation. : documentation service
- m. : mobile version