- Revisit MeiShan 36 Turns with Drone!
- Climbing up 36 Turns
- MeiShan 36 Turns Aero Shots
- VIDEOS: MeiShan 36 Turns
- TaiPing Suspension Bridge and Town
- Continue to Part 2!
- Also Recommended:
- [Cross Mountain Riding] MeiShan Tea Loop 梅山高山茶騎
- [ Bike n Hike ] CaoLing X 10000 Year Gorge 草嶺X萬年峽谷 (Self)
- [Exchange Great Views with Peace of Mind] Challenge AliShan 挑戰阿里山
- Like My Posts? Subscribe at the Bottom and Get Latest Posts Email Update!
Revisit MeiShan 36 Turns with Drone!
In last year we did an awesome ride to MeiShan 梅山, doing its famous 36 turns climb and riding through tea fields. This time the weather was even nicer, and we were ready to use my DJI Spark drone to do some nice aero shots!
MeiShan 36 Turns with Drone Route Summary:
- Starting Location: MeiShan Park (梅山公園).
- Length: 80km. Highest elevation: 1126 m.
- Hill profile: Difficult: two major hill climbs, then varied ups and downs.
- New stuff from last year:
Climbing up 36 Turns
We did the usual 36 turns climb right from start.
Again we started at good old MeiShan Park.
This year there was a new stuff coming out at the hilltop: TaiPing suspension bridge. We’ll see if there was any traffic increase!
New bridge sign.
And the temple was finished and opened!
Same old turn signs…
Unlike last time which was a bit foggy, this time our MeiShan 36 Turns with Drone ride had perfect sunny weather, making the views from mountain very awesome!
We could see the MeiShan town very well.
Soon after the 28th turn we saw the NEW stuff: TaiPing suspension bridge.
The bridge over the mountain valley!
And we made it to the 36th turn sign!
As we hit the 36th turn, a bit up there was a hotel area. It was time to release my drone and take some 36 turns shots!
MeiShan 36 Turns Aero Shots
The shots captured the last ~20 turns of MeiShan 36 turns. The others were more scattered and hidden in the woods, making them harder to see.
VIDEOS: MeiShan 36 Turns
TaiPing Suspension Bridge and Town
After the drone we continued to head up to our first hill top: TaiPing. The new thing here in our MeiShan 36 Turns with Drone ride was the suspension bridge. We also modified our course slightly so we passed through TaiPing town center this time.
The suspension bridge.
Town center entrance sign.
Bamboo tube chicken.
TaiPing’s main street.
Old clay oven for baking chicken.
We also stopped by at TaiPing Elementary. It was pretty cool to have such elementary at this mountain place surrounded by tea fields!