- TaiChung HuiShun Forest Ride Summary
- Start: TaiPin
- Provincial Highway #21
- HuiShun Forest Park Valley
- GuoXin & Back
- Also Recommended:
- Taiwan Bike Routes Map
- [ TaiChung Outskirt Mario Kart Chaotic Ride ] Challenge Big-Three-Yuan 挑戰大三元
- [ To 2600! ] Whole Big Snow Mountain Ride 台中大雪山完整騎
- Like My Posts? Subscribe below!
TaiChung HuiShun Forest Ride Summary
- Self ride.
- Starting/ending Location: Near TaiPin, Taichung (太平)
- Bike Length: ~ 106 km.
- Total Elevation: ~1600 m.
- Hill profile: Two medium hills & rolling.
- Good for: Climb training.
- Route Highlights:
- HuiShun Forest Park (惠蓀林場)
This is my own interpretation of TaiChung Big Three Yuan ride. The route skipped the busy DaKeng (大坑) and DongShi (東勢) area in previous event ride. It also included the beautiful HuiShun valley area.
Our TaiChung HuiShun Forest Ride started at good old TaiPin Route 136. It soon turned into Local 99 towards XinShe (新社), then descend.
Beautiful morning TaiPin view.
Bailengzun Memorial Park (白冷圳), an old pipeline utilizing “syphon” principle to carry water across the V-shaped valley.
Provincial Highway #21
After descending from XinShe, our TaiChung HuiShun Forest Ride went across the big DaJia river valley and up to Provincial Highway #21 towards Nantou.
Great DaJia river valley. The route (Provincial Highway #8) along it was still closed for cyclists and individual cars.
HuiShun Forest Park Valley
After crossing the mountain, we continued on Provincial Highway #21 towards HuiShun. Here the route went through a nice mountain valley.
Old BeiGang Creek bridge built with mixture of sticky rice and lime. Thus called “Sticky Rice Bridge”.
Local old irrigation path.
Bridge towards XinLiu aboriginal village (清流部落)
Great bare valley cliffs.
HuiShun Forest Park toll entrance.
GuoXin & Back
After HuiShun Forest Park, our TaiChung HuiShun Forest Ride turned back to GuoXin (國姓), and followed Route 136 back to TaiPin.